- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I didn’t work so hard. (mostly from male patients)
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Monday, 30 January 2012
5 Regrets of the Dying
In her book, The Top Five Regrets of the Dying, Bronnie Ware, who worked in Palliative Care, describes some common 'regrets' that surfaced with patients as they neared their final days: